Solis Foods is committed to providing exceptional and accessible service in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) for its customers and shall use reasonable efforts to ensure that its policies, procedures and practices are consistent with the following principles:
(a) Goods and services will be provided in a manner that respects the dignity and independence of all customers.
(b) The provision of services to persons with disabilities will be integrated wherever possible.
(c) Persons with disabilities will be given an opportunity equal to that given to others, to obtain, use or benefit from the goods and services provided by and on behalf of Solis Foods.
1) Use of Service Animals and Support Persons
- If a person with a disability is accompanied by a guide dog or other service animal, Solis Foods will ensure that the person is permitted to enter our facilities with the animal and to keep the animal with him or her unless the animal is otherwise excluded by law or where food is manufactured or packaged. Where a service animal is excluded by law, Solis Foods will ensure that other measures are available to enable the person with a disability to obtain, use and benefit from our goods and services. The service animal must be under the care and control of the individual at all times.
- If a person with a disability is accompanied by a support person, Solis Foods will ensure that both persons are permitted to enter our facility, and that the person with a disability is not prevented from having access to the support person. Solis Foods may require a person with a disability to be accompanied by a support person when in our facility, but only if a support person is necessary to protect the health or safety of the person with a disability or the health or safety of others in the facilit
If an amount is payable by a support person for admission, or otherwise, to a premise, Solis Foods will ensure notice is given in advance about the amount.
2) Notice of Temporary Disruptions
Solis Foods shall provide notice of disruption of services under this policy to the public.
Any notice of disruption will contain the following:
- Reason for the disruption
- Anticipated duration
- Alternative facilities or services
Solis Foods will provide such notice in at least one of the following three methods:
- Notice physically posted at the site of the disruption;
- Notice on Solis Foods website or,
- Notice in local newspaper
3) Accessibility Training Policy
- Every person who deals with members of the public or who participates in developing Solis Foods policies, practices and procedures governing the provision of goods and services to the public, including Solis Foods staff, volunteers, agents, contractors and others who provide service on behalf of the Solis Foods will receive training regarding the provision of goods and services to persons with disabilities.
- The training will include the following information:
- The purposes of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act;
- How to interact and communicate with persons with various types of disabilities;
iii. How to interact with persons with disabilities who use an assistive device, or require the assistance of a service animal or support person;
- How to use equipment made available by Solis Foods to help people with disabilities to access goods and services; and
- What to do if a person with a disability is having difficulty accessing Solis Foods goods and services
- Training will be provided to each person according to his or her needs and duties and as soon as is practicable after he or she is assigned the applicable duties. Training will be provided on an ongoing basis in connection with changes to policies, practices and procedures governing the provision of goods or services to persons with disabilities. A record of the dates on which training is provided and the number of individuals to whom it is provided will be kept.
4) Feedback Process
Solis Foods accepts feedback on the AODA from the public in a variety of methods including:
- In person
- And, through feedback forms
All feedback will be reviewed. Complaints will be investigated and follow up will be provided to the customer when requested.
Solis Foods will provide a written description of our policies, practices and procedures relating to accessibility to customers who request it. We will take into account the personal’s ability to access the information and will provide the document or information contained in the document in a format that reasonably meets those needs as agreed upon with the person. Notice of availability will be provided on Solis Foods web sites and through other printed methods.